Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario News Release
Over $9-million FedDev Ontario investment is helping Cyclone Manufacturing Incorporated to commercialize 1,500 parts and support 110 jobs at Milton and Mississauga locations
January 17, 2023 – Milton, Ontario
Canada’s aerospace industry is one of the most research‑intensive and export-focused manufacturing industries in our country and employs thousands of highly skilled workers across the country. In southern Ontario, manufacturers play an integral part in the global supply chain, with products on virtually every passenger aircraft in the world.
Today, Adam van Koeverden, Member of Parliament for Milton, along with Rechie Valdez, Member of Parliament for Mississauga–Streetsville, visited Cyclone Manufacturing Incorporated (Cyclone) to see how the Government of Canada’s investment’s of over $9 million is helping the company to expand its capacity at its Milton facility. In September, MP Valdez, on behalf of the Honourable Filomena Tassi, Minister responsible for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario), announced the investment at one of the three Mississauga locations.
This investment through the Aerospace Regional Recovery Initiative, will help Cyclone expand its facilities in all locations in order to become more productive and competitive. The expansions will include a heat treatment oven at its Milton facility and a temperature-controlled production area at one of its Mississauga facilities. These improvements will allow Cyclone to become more productive and competitive, while also transitioning to greener operations by including more environmentally friendly technologies. This project will support 110 jobs in the region and enhance the company’s ability to create new and larger parts.
The Government of Canada is committed to supporting the aerospace sector by providing businesses and organizations the support they need to grow, create jobs and contribute to a strong recovery and future economic growth in a greener and more sustainable and inclusive way.
“Small-and medium-sized aerospace businesses, like Cyclone, are developing new and innovative products that will position Canada as a leader in this field. With investments into businesses like this, our government is helping to create and maintain thousands of jobs, contribute to a growing economy, and finding new ways to reduce Canada’s carbon footprint.”
– The Honourable Filomena Tassi, Minister responsible for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
“This project will help Cyclone expand in a green way, boosting competitiveness and supporting 110 local jobs while contributing to the growth of the aerospace sector here in southern Ontario.”
– Adam van Koeverden, Member of Parliament for Milton
“Today’s investment will help the company emerge from the pandemic as a key player within the global aerospace supply chain, while also creating local jobs in Mississauga and Milton.”
– Rechie Valdez, Member of Parliament for Mississauga–Streetsville
“The Aerospace industry was one of the hardest industries to pull through 2020 to 2022. This FedDev Ontario assistance will help Cyclone go back to its history of investments and continue to be one of the top suppliers in the aerospace industry.”
– Robert Sochaj, Vice President, Cyclone Manufacturing Incorporated
- Ontario’s aerospace industry contains over 200 firms, employing more than 44,000 workers and is responsible for more than $6 billion in revenues.
- Founded in 1964, Cyclone is an aerospace parts manufacturer that makes a range of aircraft metal parts, and performs sub-assemblies for major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) like Bombardier, Boeing, Airbus and Embraer. Cyclone has four facilities in southern Ontario, three in Mississauga and one in Milton.
- Through this project, Cyclone will become the first Canadian Airbus supplier to introduce Zinc-Nickel plating for its aircraft parts, which is more environmentally friendly than the Cadmium plating currently used.
- Delivered by Canada’s regional development agencies, the Aerospace Regional Recovery Initiative is part of a Government of Canada strategy that includes measures being implemented by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada to boost the aerospace industry. With a national budget of $250 million over three years, FedDev Ontario is delivering $67.5 million in support in southern Ontario.
- Since 2015, the Government of Canada, through FedDev Ontario, has invested nearly $150 million in 30 aerospace projects across southern Ontario, creating over 920 jobs and maintaining over 850 jobs, including an investment of over $4.2 million for Dishon Limited to expand operations, adopt advanced technology and create 50 jobs.
- SEO Powered Content & PR Distribution. Get Amplified Today.
- Platoblockchain. Web3 Metaverse Intelligence. Knowledge Amplified. Access Here.
- Source: https://canadianaviationnews.wordpress.com/2023/01/17/government-of-canada-support-for-expansion-of-milton-and-mississauga-based-aerospace-manufacturer/